My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, May 04, 2012

The Day Has Arrived...





I'm still reasonably calm...I wonder if I'll shed a tear or I have managed to do all that previously? If I do cry I must let it go...and not hold it in. I have got the house reasonably tidy at last though I'll vacuum later. Wheelie bins are out all the usual stuff that still goes on and never changes. Though the day and time of collection has.

A rough estimate if all that come to the funeral that may, I think that approx 28 people(including myself)will attend.

Its a bit chilly and misty here but hopefully it will brighten up by the time of the funeral. So far no snow as was mentioned. Hope I am not tempting fate.

I did manage some sleep.

I am now going to the shop to get my single rose to place on Mum's coffin at the crem.

Then I'll finish the tidying of the house and get washed, shaved and put on the clothes I purchased for the funeral(hope the trousers fit)I'm losing weight, then just wait until they arrive to collect me...the flowers from America have arrived from Mum's Brother(nice gesture)but I'm not keen on Lilies even though they are seen as appropriate for funerals and it contains only that flower.

I hope my carnations look ok...Ads far as I know no other flowers will be there...unless people have brought any to the church. Mum's brother and his wife are going to follow the hearse from my house as a mark of respect butto help them find their way to the church.


The image in this post can be seen clearer and larger if you click on it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My heart is with you today, Gildy. Will think of you and your Mum all day and say a special prayer for you both. :o(

Hang in there, my friend.

Jan

4 May 2012 at 09:02  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thank you for your support, kindness and love Jan...

It means a lot...

4 May 2012 at 09:14  
Anonymous VQ said...

I expect there will be other flowers, Gildy. People often bring them along themselves.
In any case, my thoughts are with you especially today.
After today, a new chapter begins and I think we'll have to concentrate on fattening you up!

4 May 2012 at 09:42  
Anonymous VQ said...

The rose is a lovely gesture, Gildy.
Well done you.

4 May 2012 at 11:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home