My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, September 23, 2013

The Osmonds Came To Town...

 
The fact that my little(I say little)theatre secured a date on their recent tour was appreciated and in these  difficult times where many live venues are under threat and recently a few shows I have attended have been low audience wise I was so happy to see it well attended. The theatre has had hard times and done well to survive these difficult times, I feared it might close and that is always in the back of my mind.

I'm amazed who they manage to get for us to see. This includes international performers. I am sorry that there was a period of time I missed many shows. I hate to think who I did not see.
 
I want to see people have a good time and take memories home with them. I don't mind people dancing in the aisles, taking photo's, if they sit I don't expect them to be rigid and yes if handled sensibly I have no trouble with audience members wanting to hold the hand of the performer and to have their moment.
 
Sadly I saw very little of the concert once The Osmonds were on stage and I know that was true of a few others behind me because people were allowed to stand for the whole performance in front of the stage and that in turn meant that everyone in the rows in front of me/beside me stood up or sat on the edge of their seats and you could see little or anything of what was happening. Also people further back came out of their seats and came to the front to add to the problem.
 
Unless you behaved in the same way and for many the only way you could see anything was to try and catch a glimpse between the bodies in front of you. Stand up occasionally and put a camera above your head and take an odd image. Thankfully photo's were allowed. The photo's below give the impression the view was ok...it wasn't. And it was quite an expensive trip that I had to save up for. Its even worse when I had such a great seat with a great view.

As long as these people were enjoying themselves to put it as strong as I can either they behaved this way oblivious of how they were spoiling it for others or couldn't give a stuff. 
 
I can't blame teenagers as in the old days of the 60's and 70's watching the Beatles, the Rolling Stones etc...where people screamed for a couple of hours...the majority of the audience were I suspect in their 50's and older.
 
The management spoke to some of the audience in the interval before the Osmonds came on stage and information that I will not go into puts a different light on the situation and how hard they tried to control things.
 
I did something I have never ever done in my life and said how disappointed I was on line via Twitter. I feel that put the theatre at a disadvantage and unfair but I did, there you go. Since then I was asked to send an e-mail my complaint into them.

You can see from my previous posts about shows I have seen, events I have attended I am mostly positive and do all I can to promote local businesses so this is quite unusual.
 

http://yfrog.com/5bk5x7j The Osmonds came to town but sadly because of the theatre layout and many standing little could be seen unless you held a camera above the audience.

 
Osmonds appearing locally and they still have their followers. Sadly the only way I could see anything was to stand for a few seconds and sit down again, view was blocked by females who would not sit down.
 
 
It hasn't happened at other concerts I have attended locally at this theatre and another one in the area, the closest was a concert by the 60's group The Searchers but only when they did their encore so you'd seen most of the performance OK. I see The Hollies in approx two weeks, I hope its better then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home